Saturday, November 12, 2005

We Beat Florida? WE BEAT FLORIDA!!!

We Beat Florida! I don't know how to say this exactly. Hmmm...oh! We Beat Florida! Haven't we done this already? I feel odd writing the same thing, 2 weeks later. But what can I do? We freaking beat Florida!!!

The last time we beat them in Football was 1939. 19 holy crap 39.

This really never happens. In 95 I watched us lose 63-7, it was 18 degrees at night. In 97 we hung with them for 3 quarters and then got blown out in the 4th. In 98 it was the only good game we played in the worst season ever. Still got beat by 2 touchdowns. In 2000, I thought we might win. We were up 21-3 in the second, but were losing 24-21 by halftime. In 2001 I really thought we'd win. The "Blackout" game. We all wore black. All of us. Old people too. It was night. It was cold. It was loud. ESPN Gameday crew was there...and then the game started. Steve Spurrier kicked the crap out of us. Just to put us back in place after two good years. 3 years of more games where we played pretty well. Hung around, but were never really in it.

And then...this year. We all felt like we could win, but no one really felt like we would. We just don't. But got up early and kept playing tough. The Stadium was loud. And fan participation has really become well-organized since I left. (more on that Later)

Wait Wait...I'm not excited enough....WaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa WE BEAT FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do I do with myself? Seriously? I just can't rationalize it. At all. I'll read about it in the morning, so I'll let you know if its a dream.


Natalie: 1939
Jeremy: 1939?
Natalie: Thats right. Know what happened?
Jeremy: Hitler invades Poland.
Natalie: Nope
Jeremy: Yes
Natalie: Not it
Jeremy: Melvin's BBQ opens in Charleston?
Natalie: Dana!
Dana: Last time South Carolina beat Florida in football Jeremy.
Jeremy: Of Course.
Natalie: It happened today.
Jeremy: They Beat Florida?
Dana: They Beat Florida
Jeremy: Casey, they Beat Florida?
Casey: Who?
Dan: South Carolina
Casey: I had the best Barbeque at a place in South Carolina
Dan: Melvins?
Casey: Melvins.
Jeremy: 1939

No comments: