Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Charleston....arrrrgggghhhh

Have I mentioned yet how disappointed I am in this city? They say you can never go home again, maybe this is that. Really though, I have learned a lot by living out of state for the last few years. What I know now is that this is unacceptable. Seriously. This city is out of control. I thought LA was a ship with no captain. This city is like 1000 separate life rafts with no captains, no sails and no oars. Just drifting around bumping into each other.

I'm already starting to cross off certain places of town from my list of places to go and see. The reason? I just can't get there during the day. Its ridiculous, and its just getting worse. And on top of all that, the people here seem to not notice its happening. They just complain and complain about the traffic but they have no idea why it is there. When I was in LA, the story was always this: It used to be the traffic was something that you joked about and now it dominates every single conversation.

Guess what. Thats the way it is here too. It takes me 20 minutes to drive the 4 miles to the air force base. It takes 40 to 50 minutes to get to work. What is a total of about 10 miles. How is that different than LA? Guess what. It's not.

Why am I the only one who cares? Why am I the only one who thinks that there are alternatives? Why do people just beat their heads against the rock again and again, rather than try to find the cause of their frustration? I just don't know.

I find myself saying...I can't wait to get back to LA where the traffic is better.

-T

No comments: