Wednesday, November 09, 2005

13 boxes and no visible carpet

1 week ago today, I took 13 boxes to the post office in Utah. Today, 13 boxes showed up on my doorstep. There were 3 yesterday and there is one still outstanding.

Heres a funny thing.
Last week, I mailed 3 boxes on Tuesday, 13 more on Wednesday and 1 more on Thursday.
This week, I got 3 boxes on Tuesday, 13 more today and I expect 1 more tomorrow.
Makes sense right?

but...

Two of the three that I got yesterday were the ones from last Tuesday, but one was from Last Wednesday. I got the other one today with the other boxes, but also today I got the single package from last Thursday. The one that is still left to come is from the big shipment last Wednesday. Weird.

Anyway, the more significant thing is this. I have no room to do anything. 9 of the 17 total boxes were mine. Add that to the 10 other boxes of stuff that is in my bedroom here that contain stuff that I left here two years ago. I have too much stuff!! And after I have spent time really dedicated to ridding myself of stuff.

300 or so Star Wars toys, Playboy magazines from the last 8 years. A stack, literally 3 feet high of newspapers containing stories of "significant" events. Mad Magazines. My entire 5.1 surround sound system. Keepsakes and what nots from every era of my life. And clothes galore. My goodness I have a lot to do.

Where to begin?

-T

No comments: