Friday, November 18, 2005

2 down ? to go

I finished my second week of work today. Its going pretty well at this point. Today was actually very good. On Monday of this week I was given a couple of new guys to "look after." They are both pretty good. They don't know much yet, but they listen well enough and are eager to learn.

On Tuesday and Wednesday we all went over to Mt. Pleasant to work at an elementary school that is almost finished being built. There is a crew of guys over there already and we went over to be of any help that we could be. They gave us a lot to do. Mostly pulling wires into place.

Those guys work a weird week though. They work 12 hour days on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Then they work 4 hours on Thursday and take a 3 1/2 day weekend. Thats cool I guess. But we weren't doing that. So I asked one of those guys to give us some stuff to do on Thursday afternoon and Friday.

They had conduit running to do. I love running conduit. Well, uh. Within the confines of having to do this type of work, I prefer running conduit.

So yesterday and today were pretty good. I was working on my own steam. Teaching some new guys how to do pipe work. Its a good feeling to know that you know how to do something.

Additionally, my boss has been asking for a lot of input as to where I want to be sent. This is good. I was pretty nervous that my being sent out on the road was going to be really complicated, but it looks like its not going to be too hard. Knock on wood. On top of that, I'm told that the per diam rate is much higher now than when I was in Utah. I was getting 31 bucks a day out there for food. Now it is 54-59 bucks per day. Thats pretty sweet considering that I didn't raise my food intake by 23-28 bucks per day.

So its so far so good I guess. And now its the weekend.....Wooo Hoooo

-T

No comments: