Monday, November 07, 2005

First Day

Well, today was the big day. And....it went alright. My dad is still out of town so I am driving his car to work. I went in about 8:30 just because I didn't want to be in anyone's way as they were getting set up. That seemed to be the right thing to do.

I met my new boss finally, after several phone conversations. She seems cool. I got the talk about my Dad and how they feel about nepotism. But really, I get where they are coming from. She just can't afford to have to deal with any other guys in my position complaining to her that I'm getting favoritism. If they hadn't hired me because of it then I'd be upset. But they did, so I can understand a little hesitation.

It was a lot of busy work today, I'm looking forward to the chance to do something cool and show what I can do.

-T

No comments: