Friday, November 25, 2005

Black Friday

Or so they call it. I call it Lets go out and make fun of people shopping Day. Actually I did not venture particularly close to any shopping areas. Steph and Sonny and I had a little fun today. We go up this morning and went out to the beach.

But first!

We went to Dunkin Donuts! This is something that Stephanie has been craving for awhile. Apparently Dunkin Donuts are somewhat native to Boston, as is Stephanie. No no, I know about Dunkin Donuts and Boston. I watch Red Sox games, I know.

So we have a couple of D-Donuts here and we wanted to give Steph a taste of home.

Mmmmmmm donuts are good too. When I got in there, there was a guy in a Red Sox hat with a very thick Boston accent. I guess maybe each store keeps a token Bostonian around just to create good ambiance.


Then it was off to the beach. Haven't been there in some time. It was chilly of course. It's late November after all. But it was pretty nice. Sonny seemed to enjoy it. He ran around the sand. He ran over near the water, but he wasn't having any of that.

We went home and began round two of Thanksgiving with the Family.

This time "The Andrews'

Oh boy. The wild bunch is meeting for a get together at the Crab Shack. Stephanie had been feeling a little sick today and wasn't sure if she was going to go. But she was a trooper, and nervous though she may have been, she went to meet my family.

The Andrews' are a crazy group. When we got there, my Granddaddy told Steph to watch out. He said they just let them out from time to time and they have to go back to the home afterward. My Uncle Andy started to tell a joke, then asked if it was ok to tell it in front of Stephanie. We said it was ok of course and then it was on. Hey, a little bit of crass humor in a public place never hurt anyone right?

It went well though, and they had hamburgers there, so Stephanie didn't have to eat oysters.

My two Aunts and Uncles came back to our house afterward and had about a 3 hour memory lane session with my parents. Stephanie and I enjoyed the show. And Sonny was in sensory overload with so many people around.

After all of that subsided, Steph, Son and I took a drive through Summerville. I have been here three weeks and this is the first chance I had to do that. Its impossible to get to Summerville now because of traffic. (more on that later)
We looked at my old apartment and my old jobs. We drove by the my High School and then next to the Football Stadium. Where they were in the middle of the Lower State Championship game. Which my team beat arch rival Stratford by about 4 points. Woooo

Then we grabbed Zaxby's on the way home.

Whew---what a day!

-T

No comments: