Wednesday, November 02, 2005

13 boxes and a wet carpet vacuum

Today was probably the biggest day yet in our moving process. First off, I spent all day taking stuff out to the trash can. We have a lot of crap to just chuck. Crap crap crap. Trip after trip.

The big deal though was the packages. I sent three big boxes of my own the other day. Today I have 7 more and Stephanie has 6. I have 7 because I split up a larger box. I had about 4 boxes stuffed into a big box. But the Post Office person told me that if the box is too big, then it's not worth it to ship together.

So this was an adventure. Steph had some heavy boxes. Not so heavy for me but, hard to carry more than a couple at a time. When I got to the Post Office I had to borrow a cart to bring them all in. In the end, it cost us right at 400 bucks to ship all of our stuff. Which really is pretty reasonable I think. It would have cost around 1800 bucks or so to get a trailer or something

The other thing was the vacuum. I don't know what to call it. Shampooer...no. It doesn't shampoo. Steam cleaner....no. It uses cold water. Its a cold water carpet cleaning vacuum. But I'll tell you what. It seems to work pretty darn good. I did all the living room and hallway, and it seems that it work really well.

Today was tough. A lot of work to do, but it got done. Tomorrow, should just be about packing the car and getting out of here. Wow.

-T

No comments: