Friday, November 04, 2005

Going to Kansas City

Kansas City here I come. We drove a good long way today. From Wyoming to Kansas City. It was a long drive, but it wasn't all that bad. Its gets dark quickly, so it feels late quicker. Our drive so far has been exactly the same route as the most famous drive that Stephanie and I ever took. The 2002 California to Carolina trip.

So it was kind of cool to reminisce about the first trip that we ever took. It was a lot of fun. We got gas in Kearney Nebraska. Thats one place that we spent the night on our way out that year. We went through Lincoln tonight. We stopped at the U of Nebraska and looked around. Not tonight, it was already dark. We got to Kansas City tonight around 9.

When we got to the hotel I saw a local pizza place nearby. We hit that up for some pizza and it was damned good.

Tomorrow is another long day. But a free place to stay at the end of the line. Going to see my boys Brian and Ben. I saw them last year at a wedding. But otherwise I haven't seen them much in a couple of years. Ben did, of course, come out to visit me in LA. He's the only one though.

Til then.

-T

No comments: