Monday, September 12, 2005

Tid Bits and Knick Knacks

Just a couple of things real quick that I was thinking about.

First Off: In honor of my newly found carlessness, I changed my quote at the top of my page. Something I found on the internet that shows the true genious and complexity of those of us who are above such a pedestrian form of transportation as the automobile.

The full quote is this:

"The pedestrian is a social being: he is also a transportation unit, and a marvelously complex one and efficient one. He is self-contained, self-propelled, and moves forward with a field of vision about 100 degrees wide, further widening this with back-and-forth scanning movements to almost 180 degrees. He monitors a host of equations: two crossing patterns at left front, 290 feet a minute, three on the right, angle on the cars 30 degrees and closing, a pair abreast dead ahead, a traffic light starting to flash DON'T WALK. In fractions of a second he responds with course shifts, accelerations, and retards, and he signals to others that he is doing so."

Indeed we are Powerful as the Emporer has forseen.


Next up: I looked at my blog from yesterday and saw that it says Septemeber 11th right before I began talking about Television. I thought it important to say that while I had realized yesterday that it was Septemeber 11th, when it came to blogging it really didn't occur to me. I bring it up now only to say that I didn't feel the need to bring it up. It was a big deal to me. As big to me as most anyone else who was not directly involved. But I am glad to put it in the past. And while I will certainly never forget about it. I do not feel compelled to speak about it. I think sometimes, too many people do things because they think they should do it, and not because of any genuine passion to do it. Anyway. Enough of that.


Lastly. Barry Damned Bonds is back today. After months of being out with a knee injury, he returns to the lineup tonight. I don't know what to say. Thats not true. I could go on and on. But we will just wait and see. I have my suspicions about him and his alleged steroid use and his alleged injury. But another time and place for that. So we will just take a look and see what happens for the rest of the year and decide later.


-T

No comments: