Saturday, September 03, 2005

Camping

Tonight Steph and Sonny and I are camping. I'll have to submit this blog on Sunday. Steph and I went to get breakfast and just decided to leave. We got some stuff and the dog and headed to Wyoming. It was a nice chance to get away. I have the free rent-a-car for the weekend still.

Camping is something that has a special meaning for Me and Steph. We camped outside of Salt Lake City 3 years ago. Not far from here. It was on our way back from California to SC. We camped there one cold night in August. No seriously, you heard that right. One cold night and colder morning in August. That morning, we went to Evanston Wyoming where I bought some sweat pants. I needed them because its very cold here. IN AUGUST! When I got back to SC of course I cut the pants off into shorts because in SC its August in August. In 2003 we camped at a KOA in Wyoming on our way back to California. That is where we decided to go. On our way, we stopped by the same Wal-Mart and I bought another pair of Garnet Sweat Pants. Tradition.

It felt really good. Stephanie and I really bonded over road trips. We have done a lot of driving together. Camping too. It really reminded me of what I am doing out here anyway. I left to come out west because I believed I could make something great of myself. I know that I can do something meaningful and great. This weekend was a nice reminder. A chance to break out of the mundane everyday life that is so easy to slip into. And that was really nice.

-T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A real enlightening blog. Don't stop now. Here's a subject that interests many; church houston in respect to info on church houston