Sunday, September 04, 2005

Six Feet Under

Tonight, we finished the last two episodes of Six Feet Under Season 4. Wow, what a show. I'm telling you. I won't say what happened, but it was awesome. I hate that Season 5 just ended on HBO and I wasn't caught up to watch it. I'd have ordered HBO just to see that show.

Now this is HBO's fault of course. While they did rush Season 4 on DVD to come out only about a month or so after Season 3, it wasn't fast enough. Season 2 had been out on DVD for well over a year when Season 3 came out. Come on people. All you had to do was get those things out a little bit earlier.

Now I'm stuck with this other dilemma. How do I see season 5? I'm certainly not going to buy bootlegs or anything, but I have no idea when it will come out on DVD to rent. It's really not a good time to get HBO and hope I can catch the reruns. Am I allowed to get a friend to tape them off of HBO and let me borrow the tape? ERRRR this isn't fair.

All I want is some sort of cable a la carte. I'll be glad to pay for my entertainment. I just want more opportunity to do so. Its just too much of a hassle to pick up HBO just for one show. I can't really afford to keep HBO all the time.

Why can't we have some sort of deal where you just pick all of your cable channels. what do I need? ESPN, Nickelodeon, HBO uh uh anything else? Not really actually. This is a great idea. It could be 50 cents a month for some channels, maybe 2 bucks a month for some others. Like a 10 dollar minimum could make it worth their while. I don't know. I just need to see Season 5. Then I'll quit. I ll have only the Sopranos left to watch. (more on that later) And maybe Veronica Mars. Oh, and the Apprentice.

-T

2 comments:

GeekBrit said...

A la carte tv channels for cable - great idea, there's something similar to this for satellite in Canada, but individual channels are relatively expensive compared to package deals.

I wouldn't mind having to select say... 20 channels to get the deal, with perhaps a couple of groups of 'premium' channels. But MTV*? When the blue photon do I ever whatch MTV*?

* Insert least-favorite channel here for a personalised comment experience.

C. Hedges said...

I'd support an ala carte option for cable/satellite channels. I only watch 10 channels at the most regularly.

Maybe premium channels could be offered on a pay-per-view basis for people who only want to watch a show or two every week.

Chris
Deliberate Chaos
BA~~32