Thursday, September 29, 2005

Back to work.

I went back to work today. Back to the old job. It was weird going back. Mostly because I didn't expect to. I took the bus and train to the airport this morning and picked up the rental car. Let me say first, that this worked out ok. Which is a bit of a shock. The last two times I had to get a company rental car it was a huge hassle. This time no. 2005 Grand Prix. Its pretty sweet.

Got back to work. Picked up my drawing packet, and began the task of verifying what we did. It seems that after all the work we did, no one did a particularly good job of writing it all down. So when we finished. No one had any accurate write ups of what we did. So the sent me back to verify everything.

One interesting thing that came along was this. There is a particular box, that a ton of wires come into. In this box, the wires have to be connected to a series of small devices. What they do isn't really important, but just believe me that it is very complicated to make them work properly. We had an expert come in and hook it all up. Not only did he do it, but he made it look really professional. High quality work to be sure. However, disaster struck the last week we were there. Another guy, who no one particularly likes got involved. Apparently something in that box wasn't working quite right. This other guy panicked. He really wanted to finish up and go home. And he did not want to stay in Utah any longer. I guess I can't blame him. Anyway, he went into that box and tore it all to hell and back trying to make it work. In the end, he claimed to make it work. I'm not actually sure that he changed much. Too be honest, it was this guy who said it wasn't working in the first place and I'm not entirely sure that he was right about that either. Now they claim it isn't working. So they are sending the original expert back out next week. And I can't wait to see what he says about what this other guy did to this box. It is an absolute disaster. I hope his heart can take it.
We shall see.

Heres the before and after.



























-T

No comments: