Sunday, September 25, 2005

Desperate Housewives

Today we watched several more episodes of Desperate Housewives. Not quite as bad as our LOST marathon. We didn't cram them all in in time to watch tonights premiere of Season 2.

This is a good show, but its not THAT good. I do really like it and I am very interested in seeing what happened. I enjoy watching it for a couple of reasons. First is because its not shot on set the way most shows are. It feels much more like an HBO show for that reasons. Second because of Felicity F. Huffman. This might be the first time I have ever given the honorary F middle initial to a woman. But she is, in fact, all that. I'm glad she won the emmy. Though I imagine that if I was up for best actress in a comedy, I'd be mad that she beat me. Since calling this show, and especially her performance, a comedy is a bit sketchy.

I have a problem with the show. It may be the show's problem, but I suspect its really just my problem. That is that these four women don't interact very much. I think its probably because of Sex and the City. Which was an amazing show. Those gals were best friends. They were together all the time and they'd do anything for each other. These ladies are four seperate islands who sort of function together. Its not bad writing, I just don't really enjoy it that way. Its just me I know.

That said. I hope it finishes up well and hope the new season is good. I'll watch it next summer on DVD probably. It looks like Veronica Mars might have a weekly re-air date which means we can watch LOST and VM. Sweet.

-T

No comments: