Friday, September 09, 2005

Taking the Train

Then theres today. My second day of unemployment. I managed to hustle around quite a bit today. First jogging. Ah Jogging, probably my least favorite thing to do. But I have got to get back into shape. I have never felt quite so...well...blah as this in my whole life. I don't feel like doing anything. I just feel like I'm moving in slow motion all the time. So a jogging I did go. I am jogging the beginners program. Run for 90 seconds walk for 90 seconds. Its good. I get a work out without pushing too hard. So I got around a little bit in my own neighborhood.

This afternoon I thought I'd try my hand at Salt Lake City's Public Transportation. I rode the Bus and Train once on Wed. just to get home. Today I thought I'd do a little exploring though. I caught the bus, right across the street from my house. I rode it for about 5 minutes to the Train Station. Waited for about 5 minutes and then rode it into downtown. That took about 15 minutes. It was Pretty Sweet as Utah's favorite son might say. I bought a monthly pass for 47 dollars, as I am quite sure that I'll be riding quite a bit this month.

One thing that was quite cool that I discovered is the Gateway Center Mall. Its one of the coolest malls I have ever seen. And I'm not a mall fan at all actually. This one is what the kids call a TOD (Transit Oriented Development) These are multi-use developments designed to mix residences and retail/entertainment businesses into single areas. They are designed to work hand in hand with public transportation. This one is great. Steph and I may go on Sunday to see a movie.

All and all a pretty full day.

-T

No comments: