Saturday, September 24, 2005

Steph and Me and the Universe

Steph and I got in a fight today. Not a big fight. But one about our plans for the future. As is often the case, when we talk or argue about stuff like this. I get irritated at first and then realize that she is right. The thing is that Steph and I came together for one very simple reason. Neither of us are comfortable going through life as a regular person. When we met we realized that we both hated the idea of 9-5 monday through friday jobs. Everybody's working for the weekend and what not. I won't spend my life that way, and she won't either. It's not just that. I want to be important. I want to do something that affects people, that touches people. I want to be famous. Not for the sake of being a celebrity, but I want to know that what I do influences people. And Stephanie does too.

The problem is, it can be a very daunting task from time to time. And from time to time Steph and I go through periods where we get discouraged. And really its been me for the past few months. And Stephanie wanted to point that out to me.

She's right, 100% right. I have this one problem. Somehow or another, I make everything seem more complicated than it is. I tend to build up tasks and goals to be so big that they are intimidating. I don't know why I do this. But I always have.

I know of no two other people in the world that are more talented and intelligent than me and Steph. There is no reason that she and I can't rule the universe at some point. And we will too.

Thanks for the push Stephanie. I love you.

-T

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love you too!