Tuesday, September 20, 2005

LOST

Well, we did it. 20 episodes of LOST in 3 days. 11 episodes on Sunday evening, 1 at Lunch Monday, 6 more Monday night, 1 at Lunch today and the last one tonight. Its pretty nutty, I dont really know how it happened. It just did. We went to get a movie at the Hollywood on Sunday and they didn't have what we wanted. So we just got some episodes of LOST and went nuts.

This show is pretty darn good. I know I'm kind of late to the party, but it is every bit as good as I had heard. Really it seemed too gimicky to me last year. When I heard people talk about it, it didn't really sound much better.

But it is. It is very well acted, and the story is very compelling. Initially I had some problems with the flashbacks, but little by little, as the flashbacks become more intertwined with the many different characters, I began to enjoy them quite a bit.

As with most shows, I had some complaints early on. However, with this show, I think it had pretty much worked past all of them by the end of the season. I was in the midst of LOST mania on Sunday night when it won Best Drama at the Emmys. But I can say now that I am glad it did. Considering there was no Sopranos in the running this year. Next year, that will be a different story.

I also understand Stephen King better now. He wrote an article last week saying that he really likes LOST and hopes that the producers know how to end it, and end it properly. Rather than dragging it out for more years and watering down the significance. I can certainly see that as well. Its hard for me to imagine this thing lasting more than a second season honestly. But 5 or 6 seasons is too much. I also hope they get this thing wrapped up properly. Its difficult to say because we don't know what they have in mind. But heres to hoping.

Tonight is the night. Season 2 of LOST on ABC 9/8 central

-Tom

1 comment:

MelTheFruitFly said...

We're almost caught up. We just started watching Lost on Sunday, and we were trying to make it so that we'd be able to watch the season premier... but alas, work and life got in the way. (Of course this is after having spent the last month watching 3 whole seasons of Alias... another JJ Abrams title.)

Four more episodes and we're done with season 1, and thank goodness for the DVR, then we'll watch the season 2 premier!

It really is an excellent show, and I usually don't care for a lot of TV.