Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hurricane/Tropical Storm Ophelia

Man I wish I knew what this thing was going to do. We are all a little more aware of Hurricanes right now. But this one is right next to where I am from. My parents, grandparents, aunts uncles and friends live there. My parents house and my old bedroom, boxes of my baseball cards and Star Wars toys. This is something I deal with every year. Nothing much. Just keeping an eye on whats up. In case something actually big happens and I have to go home and dig my parents home out of the mud or something.

The point is, this is a part of our life. We know it, we accept it, we live with it. So now its a little strange to do it amidst all of this Katrina craziness. Im not complaining or anything. Its just weird. I feel like I have to sort through all of this insanity, just to do my typical September ritual. Which I usually do, completely unnoticed.

Whatever. It looks like its not going to Charleston anyway. Thats good.

-T

No comments: