Monday, August 01, 2005

Steroids are back!! And its about time

Today Rafael Palmeiro got suspended for ten games for using steroids. I have already heard people say that its a dark day and a black eye for baseball. But I completely disagree. Its another good day. Just like the day the players testified before Congress was a good day. The fact is, we all know that players used steroids. We know that some are still using them. Then catching one is a victory for us all. Why would it be anything else? I want these guys dead. I want McGwire dead, I want Sosa dead, I want Bonds Dead, I want their families....well ok. Perhaps dead is a strong word. But I want these guys and their dirty secret dragged out in public for all the world to see.

As for Palmeiro and his HOF chances. They should be over for right now. First of all. Rafael is a guy that has HOF numbers but does not have the HOF persona. While he has put up good numbers. He has never really impressed anyone. Never won an MVP never been the best hitter in the League, Never been the best First Baseman in the League, Never really even been the best hitter on his own team. So racking up great numbers is all he has. It should have been enough, but now the numbers are called into question. Right now, there is no way he goes in the Hall of Fame.

More on all this to come

-T

No comments: