Friday, August 05, 2005

College Football!!!

It is August, so I think its time to talk about College Football. Understand this. If I was in South Carolina, it would be time to talk about College Football, the day after last season ended. I have been really submerged into Baseball lately. However, one of my most favorite thing in the world is College Football.

This will be my third season that I have missed after having been to every single game for 6 years. A couple of years ago, I was in a hotel room in Bakersfield California. That was the day I missed my first Gamecock home game. It was pretty hard on me. I'm over it now, but I still really miss it.

Football is the opposite of Baseball in every way. It is so important to be at or at least see every game. Some of it is just because 1 football game is equivalent to about 15 Major League Baseball games. Its that urgency that makes you hang on every moment of each game.

In addition to all of the normal stuff, Steve Freaking Spurrier is now our Coach. The Ole' Ball Coach. I simply can't get this through my head. When I see the Visor on the sideline, then maybe I'll believe it.

We are starting the season ranked in the mid 30s. There are 6 SEC teams in the top 25. Its going to be an uphill climb, but I think this season could be great. September 1st is the big day. Lets get it started. Go Cocks!!

-T

No comments: