Saturday, August 20, 2005

Ebay decisions

Just a quick blog about Ebay and bad decisions. I thought I'd play the role of Ebay seller a few months ago. Since I was eating out a lot for lunch anyway, I thought Id get a whole set of Star Wars Burger King toys. Actually a second set, because I opened the first ones. Anyway, I got it, after a lot of trying and eating. I could have sold them right away for about 70 bucks. But I thought that as the promotion ended and they became harder to find, there would be a bigger demand and that I would be able to sell them in August for maybe over 100 bucks. Stephanie told me that wouldn't happen and that I should take the money and run. Silly Girl I thought. You may know about Ebay, but I know about Star Wars. So I waited.

Now its August. The sets are selling for about 20-25 bucks. I'm sitting here with a shoebox full of unopened toys, and about 15 extra pounds around my middle. And Stephanie giving me that scrunched nose look that means "Why don't you listen to me?!"

Why indeed?

-T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

passing through BX..
m

Anonymous said...

People are so fickle! :)