Saturday, August 06, 2005

3 more days...dunt dunt dahhhhh

Tuesday is approaching and the big 3-0. Or whatever. Funny thing is. I'm not typically the kind of person that gives a crap about such things. And I don't really in this case either. Or I didn't at least. Yet somewhere along the way, I started wondering if I should care. I started thinking about it. Not because I wanted to, just because I thought I should. Anyway, I looked back at my 20s and wondered where I'd been, and forward to where I was going. And some of that other nonsense. Somehow or another, I let it be a big deal. And somehow it seemed like it can only be bad. Why? I'm not really sure. So I decided to make it into a good thing. Which it should be anyway. So I set some goals and some plans for myself. Looked at what I did in the last 10 years and what I wanted to do in the next. So it was cool, and not really that big a deal.

But now, the day is coming closer. I love my birthday. I really really do! Getting older is no big deal. But I because I have worked myself up about it, I feel like an entire new decade starts on Tuesday. While I realize that an entire new decade starts everyday, I'm really feeling the weight of that statement.

So where we are now is here: I am experiencing both dread and excitement about my 30's. I realize that I should probably not make a big deal about either way, but that is where we are. I am excited to make every day count. And feel the pressure of thinking that way. Wow! how over-the-top is this attitude? Well, ready or not, here it comes. I say again, bring it on! "I'm ready for the trials" I know the correct response to this post is, "Dude take a pill" Or something along those lines. And when I wake up on Tuesday and the Sky isn't red and there aren't two suns or a new football coach at Penn St. then I guess I'll calm down. But until then.....

-T

No comments: