Thursday, August 04, 2005

Once More, better than I expected

Stephanie and I went to see Sky High tonight. Why? Why not? It seemed like it might be fun. And I like going to movies during the week too. Once again we have a that was better than I expected situation. That is clearly the theme of the Summer. This movie seemed like it was just a silly kid movie. Turns out, it was. But man was it funny.

I'll add that to The Island which we saw two weeks ago. Theres a movie that we went to just to see what the heck it was about. Turns out, it was about quite a bit. Of course hearing Ewan McGreggor say "Clones" was pretty cool too. That movie was great. Somewhere in the middle of it I was thinking that it might be the best movie I'd seen this year. It struggles down the stretch a bit, but still really great.

The test this weekend will be the Dukes of Hazzard. My expectations for this one are a little hard to define. I actually don't expect it to be great. However, it was my absolute favorite show as a kid. So I do have sort of high hopes for it. I guess we will just have to see what happens.

This year so far

1. Revenge of the Sith
2. Cinderella Man
3. The Island
4. War of the Worlds
5. Batman Begins
6. Mr. and Mrs. Smith
7. The Jacket
8. Wedding Crashers
9. Fever Pitch
10.Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
11.Must Love Dogs
12.Bad News Bears
13.Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
14.House of Wax
15.Fantastic Four
16.The Longest Yard
17.Bewitched
18.Herbie
19.Sky High
20.Hitch
21.Madagascar
22.Mrs. Congeniality 2
----------------------------The Good Line------------------------------------
23.Sin City
24.Dark Water
25.White Noise
26.Boogeyman
27.Cursed

No comments: