Saturday, February 04, 2006

A 4 Movie Day!

I love days like this. We went to a video store. A video store. Thats weird enough these days. Since Netflix took over the world. We picked up a few things.

First was Old School. Here is a movie that everyone has seen but me. Surprisingly, I liked it. I liked it quite a lot. I thought Will Farrell was tolerable, which is saying quite a bit for me. Vince Vaughn and Luke Wilson were great as usual.

Next was Last Action Hero. I have never seen this. It was on HBO. I didn't really mean to watch it. I just turned it on and didn't turn it off. It was ok. Nothing spectacular, but pretty interesting. Especially since it is about a kid who goes inside a movie. I like stuff like this. So the kid makes references to the actors names and characters they played in other movies, even though they are in character in this one. Someday somehow, I'm going to make a great movie in this same kind of style.

Next was Dirty Love. I have wanted to see this movie for about a year, but never got around to. Jenny McCarthy is tired of not getting any roles, so wrote one for herself. Or so I heard. Well, I don't think Jenny did herself any real favors. I don't know what to say other than this movie was just silly. Most of it was sort of gratuitous nonsense. If you look at Rotten Tomatoes horrible 4% fresh rating for the movie, I'll agree with the one guy who gave it a positive review. That there is a halfway decent movie in there somewhere. But I didn't get to see much of it.

Lastly was But I'm a Cheerleader. Surprisingly not very much cheerleading in this movie. But a fun little film in its own right. A funny thing happened. I thought I recognized one of the main characters. I thought perhaps I had seen her in something before. I said to Steph, "Who's that? I recognize her from something." Steph said, "You should. Its Clea Duvall. You took her order when you worked at In-and-Out Burger." Oh yeah, thats right. I actually recognize her as someone I physically saw and spoke to one day. Der.

All and all a very fun movie day. We have Crash and MacArthur Park to watch tomorrow. Plus whatever might be on HBO...Oh yeah, and that football game too. Steph and I have many movies to watch. And as long as we get into an apartment this week, we'll be going to the movies every night.

-T

No comments: