Thursday, February 23, 2006

I hear the train a comin

Woo Woo the Trevor Train is comin through. Really the Oscar movie train I mean. Tonight is the first night in what I think will be a whole weekend of Oscar movies.

First up. Walk the Line. This movie was fantastic. I have been reading about this movie for what seems like years. It came out in November, and I just couldn't get to it though. Let me say, it was great. I loved it. I'll say this. I think Hollywood is really coming around on the Biopic thing. Pick the most important part. Find the part of the story that is real and tell that. Don't just give me a series of re enactments of their life.

Johnny Cash had a really tough childhood, and it haunted him as an adult. They told us about his childhood quickly and then focused on the 10 year period in which he struggled with it and dealt with it. Good Job.

Joaquin Pheoenix was great, as was Reece Witherspoon. Both will be tough to beat next Sunday.

This movie is up there. Im not making my official 2006 list until next week, but this one is going to be up there.

-T

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Sweet "Making The Band" reference.