Sunday, February 12, 2006

Decision 2006

I am making a decision tonight. I have to look at what I want to do and decide to actualy do it. Sometimes I find it hard to do what I want to do. I'm afraid. It's a lot like that moment before you get into the pool. You know its what you want to do. You can't wait to be swimming. You know you'll get used to it almost as soon as you get in. But for the moment, you are afraid of taking the plunge. You know it will be cold so you just circle around the pool. Walking back and forth along the edge, staring at the water. You know you want to be in there, but you are just nervous about getting wet.

I'm not really like this. I'm the guy that usually jumps in before I have a chance to think about it. But I haven't done that with this. I have committed to being a filmmaker, yet I haven't made myself take the leap yet. I told everyone what I wanted to do, and I can't go back now. I don't want to. Now I'm telling everyone that I am ready to really start. And I am.....NOW

Read something, Write something, Think something, Shoot Something. This is how I will live. I am going to think, read and write every day. And I will shoot something every single week. No matter what. No excuses, no rationalizations, no Bull Shit.

I have decided.

Tom Andrews
Independant Filmmaker

No comments: