Thursday, February 09, 2006

More Austin Traffic

Tonight sucked. I have already discussed how bad the traffic is here in Austin. I started to think that maybe I had overstated the case a bit. Turns out...No.

Tonight, Steph and I decided to go see Harry Potter. It was the last night in the movie theaters, so we had to go to a theater across town. But it really wasn't all that far.

The movie started at 6:40 and we left the house at 6:00. Seems like enough time. But it wasn't.

Here's the thing though. It wasn't even close! I mean, NOT EVEN CLOSE! If we had left a full hour before the movie started we wouldn't have made it. Just sitting on I-35 (the 35?) inching forward. What a disaster.

The worst part is, I don't really understand how it works. The Traffic is worse going into Downtown than it is coming out. Actually it goes through Downtown. People work in North Austin and live in South Austin? Where do the people who work Downtown live. Maybe no one works downtown. Maybe those are just 30 story bars and coffee shops.

Light Rail is on the way, but it can't get here fast enough.
-T

No comments: