Thursday, February 16, 2006

Elizabethtown

Wow, I loved this movie. We watched it tonight. I wanted to see it when it came out, but I just didn't get to it. It came and went pretty quickly. I guess it just didn't play well out in the world. So we watched it tonight.....and....

Wow. I really loved this movie. It was really great. I feel like Cameron Crowe is talking directly to me. He's so good at showing people in their natural state. His movies are so personal and genuinely moving.

This movie, in particular, really touched a nerve. It looks at that need to awaken from the dull sleep of the mundane and actually go through life awake, alert and interested in the world.

Plus, it had a road trip. And I love road trips. I believe in America. I believe that everyone needs to get out and see the country. They need to see other places and meet other people and experience other things.

Life is for Living. This is a movie about a guy finally waking up and really LIVING his life. And I loved it.

-T

No comments: