Friday, February 17, 2006

Houston...Here we are.

So we are in Houston tonight. Houston Texas...woo hooo. And today, I saw the dog gone Astrodome. The Astrodome! And guess what. Its ugly as crap! But its legendary, and I saw it.

It was a good day. Had a half day at work, stopped by Dunkies for some Vanilla Chai. Got one for Steph too.

Then we got on the road around noon. It was an easy trip, very little traffic. At least very little until we got to Houston. An easy trip made easier by a good 3 hour chat with Steph about the fascinating world of urban planning. I know I know. There is no way I'm letting that girl get away.

We got to Houston and boy was it busy. But we did fine. I think we were just ahead of the major part of rush hour. And let me just say Houston can join Austin as the kings of the elevated highways.

We stayed on the 610 freeway around the south side of Houston where we went past the Dome. Reliant stadium is there too, and it dwarfs the Dome. Hard to believe, but true.

Heres a bonus. I missed a sign that, I assume, said "Hey dummy, don't get into the HOV lane or you will miss your exit." So I missed our exit. The good part was, the HOV lane took us by about 1 mile and a half of dead stopped traffic because of construction. I just had to turn around and come back a little way. That little screw up of mine saved us at least 30 minutes or so.

We got to our hotel, picked up some Outback, and chilled for the night. Tomorrow should be great. Stadiums, the NBA, picture taking..fun fun.

Til Then
-T

No comments: