Wednesday, February 08, 2006

5 Blades??? Why?

Another Super Bowl inspired post. One of the commercials during the game on Sunday was for a new razor blade that has 5 BLADES!

Now when I was growing up and first learning to shave. We had the "patented lift and cut" two blade razor. And this was a big deal. An innovation. Sometime in the 90s, the three blade razor was introduced. When that happened, I think most of us accepted that it was legit, but the joke then began that companies would keep trying to out-do each other by adding more blades.

Then, about 2 years ago it happened. The commercial said "No one can have a razor with 4 blades right?......WRONG!" And the 4 bladed razor was born. Steph and I joked. I said I could not actualy believe that the did it. I thought it was a joke, but there it was.

Well, its happened again. They actually did it. A 5 bladed razor. Are you kidding? I bought into the lift and cut 2 blade system. I accepted that the 3 blade system gives you and even closer shave. The 4 blade razor is nonsense though, and I don't know what to think of 5 blades. What do these blades all do? Lift and cut made sense. What do they all do????

-T

No comments: