Monday, February 27, 2006

Capote

We did it. We watched all of the 5 Best Picture nominees. This one was pretty damned good too. I really didn't know much about Truman Capote at all. It was really interesting. Not only did I not know much about Capote, but I didn't know what this movie was about. It was totally not what I expected.

Phillip Seymore Hoffman. What can I say. I have been watching this guy for 10 years. I first remember him in Twister in the mid 90s. Then I saw him in Scent of a Woman, which was the early 90s, but I didn't watch until 97. Then came Boogie Nights. Ahhh Boogie Nights (more on that later) By then he was famous. He's awesome, and he deserved to get a role like this. And he drilled it.

We have one more Best Actor nominee to see this week. But between Hoffman, Straithairn, Phoenix and Ledger I frankly don't know who to pick. They were all amazing.

I don't have a lot to say about this movie other than it was just really really interesting. I liked it a lot. Its up there.

Its really just about time to make the big list. Matchpoint, Hustle and Flow and Transamerica are still waiting to be seen. I think that will be it though.

2005 was fun.
-T

No comments: