Sunday, October 16, 2005

Speed and other underappreciated movies

So Steph and I watched Speed today. I just want to take a quick second to mention this. I love this movie. If you can't get into a movie like this, what is wrong with you? I mean its not brilliant, but its fun. Its exciting. Its reasonably well-acted. If anything, its shot well and edited well. Which is pretty much the point of thrill ride movies.

What I'd like to know is this. What action movies would you like? I mean, what action movies actually get decent ratings? Minority Report did well for the most part, but people hated the ending. Anything else? War of the Worlds did well. Anything non-Spielberg? Nothing I can think of. So the point is, if you think they shouldn't make these movies at all, then say so and don't review them. But otherwise, treat them as they are supposed to be treated. As fun.

National Treasure was one that I really liked. The Island, which made about 10 dollars total off me and Stephanie was great. The Rock, True Lies, Armegeddon, Day after Tomorrow. All of these were fun. So just relax and enjoy.

-T

No comments: