Monday, October 24, 2005

Packing, Packing, Packing

Steph and I are moving back East. Woo Hoo. Well sorta Woo Hoo. Its a means to and end. And its waaaaayyyy better than living in Utah. So today, I began really packing. Boy is there a lot of crap that I aquired here. Not the least of which is many many Star Wars toys. I have dedicated my life to several ideas. One of these is that stuff is the enemy. People are basically chained to their possessions. They reduce your freedom to do what you want. I try to avoid picking up things I don't really need.

There are of course some exceptions. I like movies. A lot! I like DVDs. I like the Library of movies I have created. So I buy them. I collect them really. The other, is Star Wars toys. It is my hobby. I go in spells. The last 6 years have been a return to the golden Star Wars age. And this past year was the final real Star Wars year. So I made no attempt at self control. 77 figures have been released this year and I have bought 70 of them. And I had the most darn fun doing it. However, they take up space, and now I have to move. Oh by the way, I bought a lot in 2004 too and they have to move with me.

One good thing is, that while Star Wars figures do take up a lot of space, they are pretty light. So I'm hoping the bill won't be too high to ship them.

The rest is pretty easy, I'm getting rid of a bunch of clothes that I don't need. I packed my computer bag up full. And the good thing about DVDs is that they are flat and small and slide into most free spaces in the car. Shouldn't take too long.

-T

No comments: