Sunday, October 23, 2005

JFK

Steph and I watched JFK. Or at least most of it. Its a little boring, lets be honest. So I thought I'd weigh in on the subject. Seeing as it is so timely and all.

So what do we know? Its questionable if anyone could make those shots from that spot in the time determined by the film footage. Ok, that seems reasonable.

Witnesses say they saw another shooter or shots coming from another place. Thats less credible I'd say. Just because of the chaos that was happening. I'm not sure anyone's memory could be trusted.

One bullet caused 7 wounds. Ok, that sounds far fetched.

Oswald doesn't seem like the typical lone nut? I don't know about that. For me, the movie did a good job of convincing me that he was the type of guy that would do it.

Funny business by FBI and Warren Commission in the investigation process. I buy that one I guess.

So what do I think?

I think Oswald probably shot from where they said he did.
I think its quite likely that there was a second shooter.
I think that it is unlikely that the two shooters were part of any conspiracy larger than just the two nutcases
I think its pretty likely that the FBI, Secret Service and Warren Commision did whatever they could to wrap it up as neatly as possible. My guess is that if there was a second shooter, they could not find that person. So they made their report to make it very clear that they got their man and that there is nothing to fear.


I do not, through any stretch of the imagination, think that our government had anything to do with the assassination. Not the planning of, the participation in, or the enabling of the shooting. I think that is just ridiculous.

Besides, we would know by now. Someone would have spilled their guts by now. Deepthroat style I mean.

As far as the movie goes. Its pretty good. I think its the beginning of Oliver Stone's way over-the-top style. I haven't liked much that he has done since. Any Given Sunday I liked, but its pro football, so the over-the-top thing worked.

I guess we'll never know right?
-T

No comments: