Thursday, October 20, 2005

Chicago-Houston World Series

So this is a pretty cool World Series. No Red Sox, No Yankees. No Dodgers. but...drama nonetheless. The Astros have never even been to the World Series, and the White Sox haven't been since before the Astros were even a team.

Now I must say that I don't want the White Sox to win. I have no beef with them. I like Ozzie Guillen a lot. But I also happen to believe in Curses. I actually believe that of the Red Sox and Cubs and White Sox, only the White Sox really have a curse. They gambled and purposely lost the 1919 World Series. For that, they have been cursed. I hope they do not win the World Series until 2019 at the earliest. They deserve what they get. They deserve to lose. They deserve to not get any of the fun attention that the Red Sox got and the Cubs still get. You know they are the truly cursed ones when no one even roots for them to end there losing streak.

As for the Astros. I dig em. They're pretty cool. I like their ballpark except for that cheapie home run porch down right field. Where its only like 100 feet to the wall or something. Otherwise cool. I like Clemens, Oswalt, and Pettitte. So this should get interesting. And maybe when its over we will know who the Dodger manager is.

-T

No comments: