Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The end of Sports Night

Steph and I watched the final two episodes of Sports Night tonight. In addition to another so-so episode of LOST. But Sports Night was great. It ended well. It had a lot of stuff going on. Clearly aware of some kind of finale coming, it made it seem as if the team would be broken up. As if it could be a sad ending. Will the sell the station? Will Dan and Casey split up? But in the end, the guy that bought the station said he wanted to keep the show going. So we just pull back and leave the gang doing what they do best. It might seem like a lame way to end. Its a great way to end a show that is going before its time. I'm reminded of Dead Like Me. Another two season ended before its time show. It also took the we are just going to reasure the viewer that things are good and will go on without us. I love those two shows. They did not end like the disastrous ending to Joan of Arcadia last year. Its Second Season just sort of fell off the edge of a cliff. I'm not even sure they ever aired the finale. I don't think I saw it. If it was the last one I watched, then it was the worst finale ever.


Here are three shows that Should have lasted longer than 2 seasons but didn't, and 1 show that really needs end after 2 season but won't. LOST. I like the show. Last Season Was great. This season has been problematic at best. I just don't think they have that much stuff. I hope they finish it this year. But its too popular, so they will string it out as long as they can. Go figure.

-T

No comments: