Friday, October 07, 2005

Last Days

Last Day of work, yet again. I am the Michael Jordan of security installation. Not because Im the best installer that every lived, just that I have seemingly retired from that line of work twice and come back to it yet again. So I took the rental car back to the airport. There I picked up Stephanie's car. She left today to go to Boston for the long weekend. I drove her car home. All the while listening to the Red Sox vs. White Sox on XM.

Last Day of the Red Sox 2005 season. Funny thing is; I care. I mean, I actually care. I have become a sort of ceremonious Red Sox fan over the last 3 seasons. I started living with Stephanie during the end of 2002 season. We visited Boston and Fenway park in August of 2003. We watched the exciting 2003 playoffs, when Boston finished one game short of the World Series. I also fell in love with Manny Ramirez in the offseason of that year. We watched all of 2004. We watched their absurd comeback in the ALCS. Which was kicked off by ex Dodger and Tom and Steph LA favorite: Dave Roberts. Who had just been traded to Boston. We watched their triumphant first World Series victory in 86 years. And we watched them this year.
They lost today. And oddly enough I was upset. Not horribly upset, but actually upset. Which is a real indicator that I like them. Not just like a team that I choose to pay attention to for some reason or another. But actually feel it a bit.

Honestly that has never happened before. In my life there have been only Gamecocks, Dodgers and Redskins. I have paid attention to other teams. For various reasons, but none have ever really "taken" None have ever really made me "feel it" Until now. I'm not sure how to deal with it. I'm not sure I have the right to feel it. I'll have to ask some Sox fans. But I'm not sure I'm ready to do that. We will see.

-T

No comments: