Sunday, November 04, 2007

Packing it up again

In the last couple of years, Steph and I have moved quite a bit. From Columbia, SC to Los Angeles, to Salt Lake City, to Austin to Boston and then to New Jersey. "What a long strange trip its been." Now we are preparing to move again. This time, we really aren't sure where just yet.

Its narrowed down to a couple of scenarios, and we will be finding out pretty soon. We are getting everything ready now so that we will be ready to go on short notice. We are doing a lot better at managing our stuff I have found this time. Having a car that can carry more has been a plus.

Adding to that comes this....Stephanie's brilliant idea for space saving. We purchased some of these vacuum bags for clothes storage. I would say I was skeptical. That might be an overstatement. I was taking a wait and see attitude as far as how well this would work. I must say, early results are in and they are all positive.

We essentially reduced the space taken by a large amount of clothes by 50 percent. All I can say is Whoa! We have 2 large suitcases and about 4 other small suitcases and it actually looks as if we might get all of our clothes into the two big ones. Technology is grand.

We should be able to get our stuff to a very manageable 2 Explorers worth of stuff. We have only 1 Explorer of course, but at least we know 2 trips would be the absolute max.

Anyway, we will be in a holding pattern for a bit. But if we can get one more long term assignment, I think we will be able to finally work toward the big settle down. We'll see.

-Tom

No comments: