Saturday, November 17, 2007

First Day off in Baltimore

So theres no football today. Well, there's football today. The Gamecocks, for the first time this year, are off. So with no painful loss to wait for all day, what else to do?

Turns out. Not much. Steph and I spent the day discussing our lives and future. It wasn't a lot of fun really but it was pretty helpful.

I want to go to school to get my PhD. Its something I have wanted for a long time but wasn't sure if I should or not. I don't want to give up on my film making dreams, but I also really think I'd love to teach film studies to college kids.

We talked a lot about my job and our living arrangements. Which aren't great. Living in a hotel kind of sucks. The last hotel was pretty nice. More like little apartments. This hotel is like a regular hotel. It does have a separate bedroom which is sort of nice. It will be good because I can go to bed early if I need to.

We talked about Babies. How they are cute and cuddly and a very manly thing to want. I really can't wait.

Then we went to the Super Walmart. This should have been great. We haven't had the greatness that is Super Walmart in a couple of years. Apparently the people here haven't had one in a while either because everyone in North East Maryland was there. Also, there is that new "Christmas starts on November 1st" policy to consider. So there were about 10,000 Last Minute Shoppers to deal with. Not much fun.

So now to settle down with a little Friends Mini-Marathon before bed. A long day, but tomorrow will be a great one.

-Tom

No comments: