Saturday, November 03, 2007

Busted my Head

A weird thing happened to me today. I busted my head falling out of the shower. Seriously. I have been out of shape for a while now, and I'm really ready to get back into shape. So I was actually exercising today, which was nice. Steph and I were going to go out, so I jumped up really fast to take a quick shower. I hopped in the shower and turned on the hot water. But really quickly I got light headed and felt a little dizzy. So I leaned forward in the shower and rested my head against the front wall of the shower. I was catching my breath. The next thing I know, I was dreaming that I was walking down the hall at the public storage where we have put some of our stuff. Then I here Stephanie yelling "are you alright?" Then I realized my face was on the floor.

I snapped to, pretty quickly but was pretty freaked out. I had passed out in the shower. Very strange. I remember thinking, man I'm out of shape, I can't believe I'm so winded. Then....Whap! I was on the floor.

I worried for a minute that it could be something serious. I've been thinking about it all day, and I'm pretty sure its not. I know what its like to be winded and to be out of shape. Its not an unfamiliar feeling. I have been an athlete for most of my life. I have been in and out of shape from time to time and I know how it feels to push myself hard and to feel like that. I have never been this out of shape though, and this is the extreme of what happens.

Thats the end of that. This is a wake up call for sure. I'm tired of being tired. Tired of being out of breath. Tired of feeling like a fatso. So starting tomorrow, its no more cheese and eggs every morning and no more NOT exercising.

Its time to go back about 15 years. 6'2' 195. Lean and Strong. 200 lbs by Christmas. Mark it Down!

-T

No comments: