Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Complete Series

I have a new obsession of late. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, it is something that I won't be able to take advantage of.

We are apparently living a Golden Age of "The Complete Series" Dvds for television shows. I want all of them. I don't really know what it is. I feel some kind of Power from owning an entire television series from Start to Finish. Especially because they come in these really clever packages. I admit, I am a sucker for cool packaging. I'm also a sucker for the idea of a "complete collection."

I found out today that an X-Files complete series set came out today. Now, here is a show that I know is pretty good. In all, I have seen around 15 episodes total. To be honest, I don't know when the last time I even thought about that show was. However, now, its all I want.

In addition to that, the entire series of King of Queens, Seinfeld and Full House came out today. Seinfeld comes in a Box Shaped like a big refrigerator. (though that may be a Best Buy exclusive.) King of Queens in box shaped like an IPS delivery truck. Full House comes in a House Shaped Box, much the same as the House Shaped Box that the Everybody Loves Raymond Complete Series set came in a couple of weeks ago. Golden Age Indeed.

What really got me pumped up was the Six Feet Under set that came out last year. Very cool. It comes in a grave-like package with fuzzy grass on top. That did it for me. I immediately realized that a Complete Sopranos Set must be in the works. I then sold all my existing single season sets of Sopranos. (I got a very good return on them to considering it was right before the final season aired.) So I am patiently waiting for it, and waiting to see what it looks like.

Stephanie bought the complete Friends set earlier this year, and it has been awesome, and well worth the cost. Which leads me to the problem. I really don't have a lot of room in the budget for 100 and 200+ dollar DVD sets. It has honestly worked out really well with Friends, because we have gotten a great deal of viewings out of it. All things considered, these sets are certainly worth the money in theory. However, they aren't exactly worth it in practice. Not for me right now at least.

So for now, its just a lot of me looking, dreaming and lusting for the Power that comes with owning every single episode of the Andy Griffith Show.

-Tom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe if the WGA strike goes on for months, it will be worth it and you can indulge all your fancies. Full House is my first choice!