Thursday, December 29, 2005

Feeling sick again.

I am now making up for my sickness from a few weeks back. The strange illness I had that had no head symptoms. It was a stomach bug, and I didn't know how to handle being sick without snot and goo and sore throats and hacking, hocking, coughing and spitting.

Now I have that. I have all of those things. But no stomach issues. Weird. I'm walking around work, because overall I feel fine. I'm not particularly tired or fatigued. I'm not weak or queezy. I'm not dizzy or nauseaus or anything at all. I feel basically fine, other than my head weighs about 42 pounds.

A side issue to this, is this. I went looking for some medicine at my parents' house. I found some Walgreen's brand cough syrup. Problem is, it expired early this year. Springtime I think. I don't know if its bad for you to take expired cough syrup. Probably not really. However, its also likely that it won't be particularly effective either. So I didn't take it, and looked for something else. I found some Wal Mart brand cough syrup. Checked the expiration date....May of 2003!!! Wait a second.

I wonder how much of a problem this is. I kind of get it. You only use medicine when you get sick. So if you don't use it all, you may not use it again for a while. Additionally, a lot of times, I'll end up buying new medicine each time I get sick. I don't know if everyone does this. A lot of times I'll start to feel it, and I won't take anything right away. Then by lunch I'll realize I need something so I'll go to the store and buy something. I suppose this happened here at my family's house. Well in the case of the 2005 expiration date maybe....2003? I don't know.

I went and bought some new stuff, so hopefully that will work. I threw the others out though.

-T

No comments: