Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Christmas Party

Tonight was my company Christmas party. This was a big deal, and a long time coming. One of the first things I was told when I go to work was that I MUST be at the Christmas party. So I made sure to be there to make a good showing.

I'm not a kiss up or anything, but I do very much want to continue to make a good showing. And I guess things are going well. My boss referred to me as her "best pipe bender." So that made me happy.

The party was pretty cool though. We played a silly game where we had to dress our boss up like Santa Claus, using tissue and construction paper and some cotton. My Santa won, so I got a 5 dollar Blockbuster gift card.

We had a white elephant gift exchange. That didn't go so well. I picked something and it was really heavy. Then it got stolen from me, so I picked something else. Then that got stolen too. So I tried to steal someone else's. They said I couldn't because that had been stolen 3 times already. So I stole back my original heavy gift. That was the third time that that gift was stolen so I was confident I'd get it. Then, someone stole it from me anyway. And the guy didn't listen when I tried to say something about the three times rule. As my ex-roomate's ex-girlfriend would say..."What the Crap?" Anyway, I just went up and picked another gift. When it was time to open them, my gift was a potpourri crock pot (potpourri sold separately) and the heavy gift was a full case of those vodka wine cooler things. Nuts!

What are you going to do though. Some free food and goofing off. It was pretty cool. Really my first ever company Christmas party.

-T

No comments: