Sunday, January 01, 2006

Welcome 2006

Happy New Year everyone. Its 2006. Can you believe that? 2006? I love New Year's Eve and Day. Its a real time of reflection and contemplation. Something that is really needed by a lot of folks. Me especially. So there are two things to do today. Determine where I am now and where I want to be at Year's end. Then to make some specific resolutions.

Resolutions are kind of an overdone thing. They are talked up and made into a big deal, but are usually joked about. I think they are important though. I think this is a time that you can really use to help you better yourself. Most people struggle to do things to better themselves. It can be hard to just set a goal and stick to it. Sometimes, you need a little something to make your resolve stronger. It would be nice to be able to just make a change on its own merits, but sometimes we need more than that to make us stick to it. You know what? Thats ok. Don't worry too much about doing something the right way, just get it done. If it takes doing it this way, then do it this way. This is what I want to work on this year.

Where I am and where I am going.
Something Steph and I talked about was learning to work with yourself. I need to relax a little about fixing problems and make sure I get done what needs to be done. Sometimes its not important to do it the "right" way, its just important to get it done. If last year was about fixing and breaking down, this year is about building up.

I will continue to build a relationship with Stephanie. Last year I broke away all of the nonsense and issues and questions that we had before. This year, I am excited to build something positive and great. We will continue our quest to unlock the secrets of the universe.

The Movie is coming. Stephanie and I will make our movie. It is our dream. No, it is the beginning of our dream. Making dreams come to life is the theme of 2006. And oh by the way, I'm going to see a baseball game at every single baseball stadium this year. Not bad huh?

and now for some resolutions.

I will get in shape.
Not just that. I will run a 10k in under an hour. I will do more than 10 pull-ups at a time. I will have one of those tight hard stomachs.

I will write.
I will write a feature length screenplay on my own. I will organize all projects that I have in my head. I will work on them all and plan which ones can be made and how.

I will learn to speak Spanish
This one I am ripping off from Stephanie. I have always wanted to do it. This year will be the best time, Steph and I can work together on this one and it will make it easier for us both.

I will learn to to be more socially acceptable. I will cuss less. I will dress better. I will eat better. I will learn how to manage the post office and the grocery store and social situations. I WILL ATTEND SOCIAL SITUATIONS!!

These things, and others, are what will make 2006 the best year yet. And next year,when Steph and I are in NY or some other fun New Year's Eve local, I will recap what I have accomplished. It will be an incredible year.

So lets get it on.

-T

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

How do you say "yay!" in Spanish?