Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year's Eve

A little more about my New Year's Eve celebration this year. Or last year I guess. Steph and I tossed around some things we might do, but in the end we decided to stay in. So went out and got a little Champagne and I dug out my collector 2000 Millenium glasses which were never used.



We had a good night. We watched When Harry Met Sally and then had ice cream as we waited to ring in the New Year. As the time approached, I popped the cork on the Champagne



This is something I won't soon forget. I have never done this before, and wasn't sure what to expect. I know this though, it made quite a loud POP sound and the cork fired in the air, hit the ceiling and landed behind the television. Its scared the crap out of me and I am glad no one got hurt. The Champagne was ok. I'm not a huge fan of it, but it was fun.

Steph and I set out to write a constitution for ourselves. Kind of like New Year's Resolutions, but more like mission statement for our Future endeavors. I'll post it tomorrow.

As the time came and the ball dropped (its nice to be in the same time zone as the ball for once) we shared a kiss and promised to make 2006 the best year ever.

It was probably the best New Year's Eve I have ever had. It was a great night, and I feel energized to take on the New Year.

No comments: