Friday, January 27, 2006

A moment to relax?

Its Friday night in Texas. I finally have a minute to sit and chill. I am cautiously happy about our future here.

This morning began with some housekeeping stuff. Checking out our trailer to figure out what all is on board. Followed by doing timesheets and expense report stuff. Ho hum boring.

Later on, we went out to one of our work sites to find out what the deal is. And the answer is.....

Its work. Whatever. Better than some jobs, much worse than others.

The big deal is... Living in Austin and can we do it?

And the answer is...probably.

I did a lot of digging, and made a bunch of phone calls. I took these guys out to look at some corporate apartments and they liked them. I found out we can get into one a week from Tuesday. I really didn't want to wait that long, but I think I can.

The only hitch is getting the folks at the home office to sign off on it. There is no reason why they shouldn't, but there is no reason why a lot of things shouldn't happen. But they do happen.

So we will wait until Monday to see, but if feels good.

So for tonight, I will relax. I will enjoy a minute or two to sit back and watch HBO and hang out with my two favorite people.

No comments: