Sunday, January 22, 2006

Some stuff about me.

I learned a few things about myself while I was home again. I learned a lot about what I wanted to do. I learned a lot about what is important to me.

You hear people say these kinds of things a lot, but you don't think they apply to you. But then you find yourself saying things like I learned a lot about myself.

One thing, that I have mentioned before, is that I don't have to live here anymore. When I was in California, I loved it. I really did. But it always felt like I was "Out here" when I was there. Like Charleston was my homebase and I was always away. But now that I have come back. I realize that this is just another place. Just like LA, just like Utah, and probably just like Austin. And there is nothing that makes me stay in one place or another just that I like being there.

Another thing that I learned was that I'm ready to be on my own. Here is something that I didn't know that I didn't know. What I mean is, I thought I already was on my own and was already happy to be there. Turns out that I was still dependant on my parents. Its not really about money or that kind of technical dependance. Its more of an emotional dependance that I didn't really know existed. Mom and Dad and me and Jesse have been my main family circle for as long as I can remember. Maybe its just from being around Jesse and Kristi and Aris. Maybe its from bringing Stephanie and Sonny home with me. But I get now that I can make my own circle.

Its not like I never wanted to grow up, but I never really cared too much to set up shop as a full fledged adult. I just never saw much reason too. But I do now. I think its cool. I'm excited about the chance to make my own life in my own place. Growing up was one thing. But becoming an adult is another. I think that I was worried that becoming an adult meant giving up. It meant that I was going to have to settle down and get a boring, non-creative job and spend the rest of my life doing nothing important.

I don't know really what it is exactly, but I know I'm damned excited about going out to find it.

No comments: