Tuesday, January 17, 2006

An apology

I owe someone a sincere apology. There is someone that is special to me. Someone that came along at an important time in my life. A time when I was graduating from College and really looking to move forward into the future. Someone that was a very significant part of my growth and evolution. Someone I met in Charleston, came with me to Columbia and accompanied me to football games, road trips, movies, and just about anywhere else I went. Basically, someone more special to me than almost anyone else I know. I did not treat him very well I must say. I took him for granted. I assumed he would always be there. I didn't care for him. I didn't pay him the attention they needed from me. And then I left for California without him.



I'm sorry buddy. I really am. You were very good to me and I let you down. I ran you down until you couldn't run anymore, then I towed you home and left you in the driveway for 2 years. I'm a jerk. You deserved better than me.

And in that time, I forgot about you. Not only did I forget, but I developed a harsh anti-car political agenda.

I bought you the very day that Star Wars: Episode I came out. I named you The Phantom Menace. I went out and bought a Sun Visor a Steering wheel cover and a University of South Carolina sticker. But it was all downhill from there.

Tonight I watched in sorrow as you were towed away from my house. I am sending you off to find out the extent of the damage I have done to you, and what can be done to bring you back to life.

But I make you a promise. If its not too late, and you're not too far gone. I promise to bring you with me wherever I go. I will never let you down again. I love you man. Come back to me.

-T

No comments: