Sunday, December 11, 2005

A little Old Charleston Fort Action

Today Steph Sonny and I took a little trip out into Charleston once again. We went out to Sullivans Island to the beach. We went to the beach near historic Fort Moultrie.

Fort Moultrie was used by the Colonials during the Revolutionary War. It was used on and off during wartimes throughout the next century and was used again as an active Fort as recently as World War II

We had a good time, and Sonny got his picture taken with a 250 year old Cannon. It is one of the cooler places to visit in Charleston.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting because I will be doing some work at Fort Sumter. This Fort was built during the early 1800s and was a central character in the Civil War. The Civil War began in Charleston in the early part of 1861, when Citadel cadets fired on the Federal Troops that were housed inside. It all started here. Its some serious serious history. And I must say, its pretty neat to be working there.

The cool thing is that I'll be adding something to the place. I worked for over a year at Hill Air Force Base in Utah. For the last three weeks, I have been working at a new elementary school in Mount Pleasant. Both are places that I will most likely never visit again. But this is different. This is a place that has some significance, and more than likely I will be visiting several more times in my life. I am excited about adding somehting permanant to the place.

-T

No comments: